Are you looking for something inspiring to watch on Netflix? Look no further! We’ve rounded up ten of the most life-changing films available on the streaming service. From thought provoking dramas to touching documentaries, these movies are sure to leave you feeling enlightened and motivated. Whether you’re in need of a pick-me-up or just want an entertaining way to pass the time, there’s something here for everyone. So grab some popcorn, settle in, and get ready for an unforgettable movie experience that will have you seeing things from a whole new perspective.
1. Spotlight: This award-winning drama follows the true story of how a group of investigative journalists uncovered a massive cover-up in the Catholic Church. With a stellar cast and gripping storyline, it’s no wonder this film won an Academy Award for Best Picture.
2. Dear Zachary: An Extraordinary Tribute to a Son and Friend: This heart-wrenching documentary from Kurt Kuenne pays tribute to his close friend, Dr. Andrew Bagby, who was murdered in 2001 by an ex-girlfriend. Through home videos and interviews with those closest to him, this film provides insight into the kindness of Andrew’s character and gives viewers an emotional journey that will stay with them for a long time.
3. The Pursuit of Happyness: Will Smith shines in this real-life drama about a struggling single father trying to make ends meet and provide a better life for his son. This inspiring film explores the power of determination and resilience despite all odds, reminding viewers that anything is possible if you never give up.
4. The Theory of Everything: This biopic tells the story of renowned physicist Stephen Hawking and his extraordinary journey from Cambridge student to one of the world’s most prominent scientists. It perfectly captures the beauty and joy found in everyday life, as well as the courage we all possess to overcome difficulties.
5. Food Inc.: This powerful documentary uncovers the harsh realities of the industrial food industry and its devastating effects on society and the environment. It serves as an urgent wake-up call to all of us to take a closer look at what we eat, how it’s produced, and how our choices have consequences far beyond our own plates.
6. The Help: Based on the bestselling novel, this drama follows a young writer in 1960s Mississippi who decides to tell the stories of the African-American maids working in white households and how they are treated by their employers. It paints an honest and heartbreaking picture of racism that still resonates today.
7. The Social Network: This movie tells the story of how Mark Zuckerberg created Facebook and the cutthroat world of Silicon Valley. It’s a captivating exploration of ambition, success, and power that will leave viewers with plenty to think about as they ponder its implications on our modern society.
8. Life Is Beautiful: This heartbreaking yet beautiful story follows an Italian Jewish family during the Holocaust. The father does anything he can to protect his son from the horror of concentration camps and keep his spirit alive with humor and imagination. It’s a touching reminder that even in the darkest times, love prevails.
9. I Am Not Your Negro: This riveting documentary tells the story of civil rights leader and author James Baldwin. Through his powerful words, it examines the deep-rooted racism still present in America and provides an eye-opening look at our nation’s history of injustice and oppression.
10. A Beautiful Mind: This biopic follows Nobel Prize winner John Nash as he struggles with schizophrenia and works to overcome the barriers in his way. It’s an inspiring story of resilience that will leave viewers with newfound hope and faith in the human spirit.
So if you’re looking for some thought-provoking entertainment, these 10 life changing films on Netflix are sure to deliver. Whether it’s drama, comedy, or documentary, there’s something here for everyone. Happy watching!